Sunday, April 1, 2012

BLUEBONNETS

Texas = Bluebonnet Pictures.  

As a kid you learn about state capitals, birds, mottoes, etc.  State flowers were always the most interesting to me.  There used to be a field of bluebonnets behind the first house I grew up in and we would take lots of pictures.  So, since I've had my kids I couldn't wait to get their picture taken in the bluebonnets. 

Just imagine...a field of bluebonnets, sun in the perfect spot, 2 adorable kids smiling at the camera for about 30 minutes while mommy gets to play with her new camera, 2 cute kids hugging each other.

It didn't quite work that way.

I found a patch (not a field) of bluebonnets. 
The sun kept going behind a cloud.
My kids were adorable though.
There wasn't any smiling.
Definitely not any hugging.
 I didn't get to change the settings once on my camera.
7 month old eating every bluebonnet in reach.
and ants....lots and lots of ants.

 "Cade, just eat the bluebonnets." -Lyla

 HELP!! 


 Yum!

I give up!

 I'm leaving!

 This doesn't look so bad.

 
 Oh wait..a close up! yep, he's still grumpy. 



Yea!! A happy face!

 I'm still grumpy.          These are so yummy!




Bluebonnet pics of the past!

Cade is 6 weeks old here.  He hated bluebonnets from the beginning.
 Me with a broken leg on Easter.  There were bluebonnets but then I cropped the picture.

Me, dad, and mom.







1 comment:

  1. Been enjoying looking over your Bluebonnet pictures. I remember growing up in big ol' Atlanta, TX when we would stop on the side of the road and pick flowers either for Mother's Day or just because. I'm sure most were weeds that had flowers, but I love the Bluebonnets because blue was and is my fav color. :-)

    ReplyDelete