Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fun with my new camera!

So any chance I get I have been trying out my new camera and taking pictures of everything!  So here's a few things that have been happening lately!

 Here's Cade getting to watch Daddy practice before church.  My heart melted.

He loves his swing so much!  I used to put him in this before he could walk and he would "hang" there.  He still loves it!  He doesn't love it when I put Lyla in it, though.  We're still working on the sharing!





Diaper? Check.  Boots?  Check.  Mower?  Check.

What more could a boy want?



Cade cut his hand.  Not blog worthy except that it started bleeding again on our walk and I didn't have a way to stop it so I put Lyla's pink sock over his hand.  So, the rest of our walk he had his manly boots on with a pink sock "puppet" as he called it.


This is Cade smelling the flowers.  Such a boy way to sniff :)



Ryan's band (Theophany) was really busy last week practicing for a Disciple Now that happened last weekend. So, my dad and some of our great friends came to keep me company.  (At least that's what I tell myself...I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the kids) 


This family is so dear to my heart and I talk about them all the time, so if you're wondering how we're all so close. Then see the note below.
 Sharyn and Lyla.

 Cade saw me earlier in the day picking weeds with one gardening glove on.  He had his glove on (because of his cut) so he started to pick flowers with it.



 The dads decided to help put the kids in PJs.  They had her upside down and backwards to Sharyn stepped in to help.  Lyla thought it was so funny!



 Our little Lyla has been movin' and groovin'.  Cade wasn't this mobile until he was 8 or 9 months.  Lyla is just crazy how fast she can get around.  She's now pulling up on things, too.  I'm afraid that I'm going to turn around and she will have stood up in the middle of the room and started walking.

Ryan's been getting to watch the kids in the afternoons while I work.  (like how I worded that).  He was giving Lyla a bottle and Cade just walked up stairs on his own and started playing in the playroom.  Then it got really quiet, so Ryan assumed Cade had gotten into something.  He walked up stairs and found Cade sound asleep.

Cade and I were playing outside and we heard something at the back door.  Lyla!  


Our little helper!  Cade dumped a new container of puffs all over Lyla's tray.  They both ate them all.  I love Lyla's expression in this picture.  "Cade did it!"



The Westmorelands! 

My dad grew up in Longview, TX and was best friends with a boy named Ronnie.  Ronnie's brother was best buds with Bob.  So, they'd all hang out together and knew each other through their friends.

My Mom grew up in Richardson, TX and went to school with two sisters, Sharyn and Becky.  Becky and my mom graduated together.

My Mom, my dad, and Bob all went to the University of Texas.  Sharyn graduated from Baylor but then moved to Austin.  They all became friends and the couples started dating and then there were two weddings. Small World!

I was born in August of '83.  Judith was born in June of '84 and Susan was burn in July of '86.

They became our Austin family.  The girls are my sisters and have treated me like a sister even though they actually have each other as sisters!  They treat my kids like their own niece and nephew.  God has blessed me truly.  They care deeply about Ryan as well.  They are a very caring family. 

We spent every Easter together growing up.  A Beach trip to Corpus almost every summer.  Skiing together one time.  Disney World trip one time.  


Susan got married last July to David and they live in Ft. Worth.
Judith is engaged to Cole and they are getting married in November.  Cade and Lyla will be the ring bearer and Flower girl.  I'm so excited!





 As kids we talked about how our lives would be when we grew up.  We were all supposed to have kids at the same time.  So far that's not happening :)  I think I'm going to slow down.



1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about our Easter Hunt this weekend!! I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting! Maybe next year Cade will be walking behind Lyla picking up all of the eggs that she picks up and throws through her basket just like you did to me!! I also like how I was "burn" in July of '86! Haha! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete