Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Smocked My Socks Off

Why the Blog Title?  

My mom was an amazing seamstress (among being the best mom).  I never appreciated what she could do until now...I have a daughter.  My mom learned how to smock and made some amazing dresses for me.  She kept most of them so they now hang in my daughter's closet.  I look at them every now and then to make sure that my daughter hasn't out grown them yet.  She still has about a year to go before she can fit into any of them.  I can't wait and neither can my dad.

If my mom was still alive she would be a Facebook addict, a big time blogger with multiple blogs, and one of the pioneers of Pinterest!  She soaked up technology and boy would she love what we can do now!

I'm not a writer or an amazing seamstress but I am my mother's daughter and I want to share with the world.  My thoughts, my crafts, and my kids!  Bare with me as I write what I feel and share what I do!  

My mom and I are below.

  And then it is me in one of my favorite smocked dress.  The green crayon dress!
This Blog is dedicated to you mom...You Smocked My Socks Off!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! What precious pictures! I love the pic of you and your Mom. She was such an awesome person. She had so many friends and people who loved her. Keep blogging!

    Viki Hicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing. I love it! I can't wait to follow you and all of your posts.

    And chica, you are a writer. An thoughtful, brave, phenomenal one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Jess I'm so glad we are doing blogs together. Hopefully we can stick with it. I love hearing stories about your mom and have such good memories of her. I can't even imagine going through what you did. You are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete