Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ryan's 33rd Birthday!

Ryan's 33rd birthday was last week.  He doesn't always want a big "to do" for his birthday, but it's hard for me to ignore it.  This year he wanted to just hang with the family and do some fun park things.  It was one of his last days before he started the police academy so we wanted to make it count.

When we got married, Ryan told me that his mom always made him homemade breakfast tacos on the morning of his birthday.  So, guess what?  Yup I've done it 6 times!  I don't really care for my homemade breakfast tacos, you can buy some so much better at Bill Miller for like $1.25, but I guess traditions are priceless!  

Cade got to eat a taco, too and loved it!  Especially, daddy's orange juice!

I surprised Ryan with tickets to see David Crowder that night and had already arranged for some good friends to meet us and for his mom to watch the kids! 

I also made Ryan a frame with our hand prints cut out and put inside.  I love how it turned out and already hung it on the wall!


We headed to Butler park to go fly a kite!  We found Cade a super cheap McQueen and Mater kite!  When we put it together he loved it!  I'm not sure if he knew what it was at first, but once we got it in the air he was so excited! 


We decided to let Cade hold it himself.  He loved it and you can also see how entertained Lyla was.
 Well, Cade let go of the kite and we were not expecting the wind to take the kite away.  It really wasn't that windy!  Ryan tried to chase after the kite.  He came really close to the handle and then the kite went towards the hike and bike trail and then probably over Lady Bird Lake!  I was laughing so hard watching Ryan chase after the kite!  Hopefully he won't have to chase kites in his APD training!  


Here's a picture that says it all!

My loves!
I love the kids' expressions!  They are so alike!

In case Ryan has only told you that Lyla cries, here's Lyla super happy!  She really loves her daddy! Oh, and I grabbed a hat really quickly on the way out for Lyla.  It was actually Cade's from when he was only a few months old.  It totally didn't fit Lyla!

Feeding the turtles and fish Cade and Lyla's snacks.


Then, we went to a bounce house and Lyla and Cade played until they could barely walk (or crawl).  We had so much fun; I hate to think about the next time that our family will get to do these fun outings!  Hurry up December! :)

We got home and put the kids in bed and then got ready for our concert.  We left before the kids even woke up from their naps.  We went to eat at The County Line BBQ and met up with the drummer in Theophany (also on APD) and his wife.  They are such sweet friends!

David Crowder was awesome and hysterical.  I really love sitting next to Ryan and worshiping!  It doesn't happen very often.  Ryan is usually on stage leading others to worship! I love when we can worship the Lord while laughing at the same time! 

 Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment