Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter

Easter was one of my favorite holidays as a kid.  It was the most meaningful but least stressful of our holidays.  I will talk in another post about some Easter traditions and activities that we will have, but here is the crafty side of Easter.
I guess when I was a little girl my parents got me a set of Easter baskets, because I remember having 3 Easter baskets that looked the same but were different size.  (Similar figures for my math students).

I knew that they had to be at my dad's house and I thought it would be perfect to use for my kiddos (just Cade but a picture or so with Lyla.  I looked for at my dad's house and found YEA!!

but wait!  These were not cute anymore. They were super faded and one of them actually had a bow on it with cows on the ribbon.  What?

So, I went to my ribbon stash at our house and threaded ribbon over the faded colors on my old baskets.  I love it!!


I have a vase (I guess it's called a vase) that I enjoy putting as our centerpiece to our kitchen table.  I like to change it out for the seasons.  Fall and Christmas are easy and then the rest of the year is usually just some rocks.  Well, I found some eggs to make on Pinterest that I had planned on putting in my vase. (here's the link)  That totally didn't work out, so I used my Hobby Lobby coupon and broke down and bought some.  I also added some grapevine that I've had for years and never knew what to do with it.  (It all came in a big wreath looking thing and I had cut the bigger pieces off and had been stuck with the center piece for a long time)  I'm sad that I will have to take the eggs and nest off my table in a few more days.  What will I put in it next?  I'd love some ideas!


 Cade and I love doing some "artwork" together as well.  I wanted to have him make a cross and found a great idea on pinterest.  I love how it turned and I love hearing Cade talking about the cross he made.  Here's the link where I got the idea.  We pretty much followed their directions. 




More to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment