Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tub-o-water!

Cade has always loved playing in water. 

Dog bowl (Lyla is in that stage now)
Water dispenser in freezer door
Bird bath
Mommy's water cup
Our rain barrels
Puddles from the rain


Playing in bucket while it's raining!

Cade and his friend Bishop playing in birdbath.




























He also loves to pour water into other containers.

So, I decided to make him a water table.  I needed it off the ground so Lyla wouldn't crawl in it and was hoping it would be sturdy enough for her to pull up on so she could splash in it, too.

Under Cade's crib was a plastic storage bin.  Totally empty with clothes all around it.  I had planned on putting hand me downs that he doesn't fit in yet in it, but instead they are just pushed under the bed and shoved around the storage bin.  I took the bin out and now there's so much room under his bed for even more piles of clothes!  Yea for organization!


I used a hot glue gun to glue the plastic bin to two home depot buckets that were just hanging out in our backyard.
I thought it would be fun to add some "water features".  So I got random plastic containers from our cabinet and used a hammer some sort of screwdriver to hammer holes into the containers.  I used hot glue to glue them in the bin.

This is what the water features look like.

Ta da!  This is the finished product.  Cade had filled it all up with sand and other toys in less than a minute.  It was a great addition to "Cadertot Land".

Cade and Bailey playing in water bin.  Cade tried to "show off" to Bailey and thought he could get in the bin.  He put one foot all the way up there and then it all came tumbling down.





He has played with it every day since.  He has also used this water to water the garden and fill up the bird baths.  I don't know why he loves the bird baths so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment