Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Egg Hunts- Yes that's Plural!

Somehow, Cade ended having 4 Easter Egg Hunts this year.  He had a blast and mom and dad get to eat all the candy!  Great plan!

LOTS OF PICTURES BELOW! ok...you have been warned!

Hunt #1: Church Family.  Surrounded by little toddlers and crazy parents (us included) saying, "right there...look right there, turn around...have you looked in the tree?"  I love some of the stuff parents are telling their 1 year olds. It was also our VBS Kick-off so it was exciting to see all the young families there!  


I love that Ryan's pointing.."put it here"

Cade and his best buddy, Bishop.  Cade isn't liking the camera lately, but Bishop so happy!

How cute is she??

One of my favorite families!

Cade found the empty eggs and had so much fun!

but his fun turned into this.... oh well, we picked them up!
Hunt #2: Westmoreland FamilyI'm so thankful that Susan was able to come in from Ft. Worth and that her parents came over as well.  Judith is still in Holland (follow her blog), so we talked with her through the IPad.  yea technology!!  We got to dye some Easter Eggs and make a nice relaxing lunch. Super yummy and relaxing.  I don't think I had ever stressed less about any meal than this meal.  Ryan made some deviled eggs and remembered to put them on my mom's Crystal deviled egg platter!  Very thankful that he remembers these things about my mom!

 
Cade saying a prayer at lunch.  He loves to pray!  Sometimes he stops during eating to pray!


I stuffed a few pink eggs for Lyla with her little puffs and cheese sticks.  Cade opened one of Lyla's eggs first and said, "Lyla's egg" 


This was my first time to stuff eggs, so I made a Rookie mistake!  I didn't tape the eggs shut.  So, there was a lot of candy dumped into our backyard.  Some Cade ate off the ground.

Judith got to watch the egg hunt from Holland!  Not sure what all she could see since I kept hearing her say, "What??  You're breaking up!"  My dad probably sang Breaking Up is Hard to Do at least 2 times!

Cade's special name egg was stuffed with Candy, which fell on our muddy back yard! Yuck!!  I took pictures of him eating it instead of keeping him from eating.

Thankfully Sharyn helped pick off the mud and grass :)

Cade had suckered Baba and Ryan into holding his basket while he ate candy and looked for more eggs!

My boys!

What a great family picture!

Cade snuggled with Bob before his nap!  


Also, to note, Lyla took a nap during the egg hunt which is why there are no pictures of her.  Cade couldn't go to sleep at all that night because of all the candy he ate!  I also convinced the girls to help me stuff eggs for our small group's egg hunt on Easter!  Thanks! 

Hunt #3:  Ryan's Family  After church on Sunday we went over to Ryan's mom (Mimi) and sister's house.  We had a great lunch over there and the kids got some Easter presents from their grandparents! 

Aiden and Cade waiting to be told they could go outside!  Don't they look excited :)



Cade still hadn't learned how to open an egg so the candy didn't fall out!

Sweet Mimi and Lyla!

I think Ryan's picking up Candy that fell and Cade is opening more eggs.

Thankfully Brittany also put goldfish and other things that Cade could eat so he wasn't super full of sugar! There were some Easter marshmellows that she put in there that I love
I'm pretty sure that every year Aiden has to climb on the fench to get the eggs that his Tall Uncle Ryan hides!

Cade stopped looking for eggs and started playing basketball!!  He wanted to so bad to be able to jump like they do on TV.

Grandpa, Baba, Uncle Milton and Mimi!

Lyla had fun with the Bubbles!




Hunt #4: Small Group Family.   When we left Mimi's house the kids fell asleep in the car on the way home.  We put them in bed (threw is more like it) and had about 1 1/2 hours to get ready for our "small" group to come over.  This group used to meet at our house weekly before most of us had kids.  It was easy to get together and let the few kids play at Angela's.  Now, there's so many kids and babies that we meet at the church to have actual "childcare" set up.  But, several years ago we invited our small group over for Easter since many people don't have family in Austin or their kids don't have siblings to have an Egg hunt with.  So, the tradition has continued!


Cade, Blake, Harper, Larissa, and Bishop!
I wrote Cade's name on the fence several weeks ago and Cade loved it.  He kept talking about his "name".  Then he had me write Lyla's name.  Then I just kept writing all the names of the kids that would be at the Easter Egg Hunt! 





Bishop and Cade each have watermelon in one hand so they are helping each other with the lawn mower!

Hopping like Bunnys!  I love watching Cade be able to following these fun games and follow the other kids!

More eggs!

Cade loved the Cascarones!  Ryan's a great daddy!

Ryan took the camera from me and took some pictures of Cade getting me!  I guess Cade needs his tongue out for serious concentration!
I love this picture!


Cade kept cracking eggs on his own head!  Two baths later and he still had stuff on his head!

Cade watched the older kids on the monkey bars and wanted to do it too.  Then he insisted it was Lyla's turn.  I hope he wants to take turns like this forever!


 Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment