Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lately...

I've been so busy that I haven't been able to blog about what I've been doing the past few weeks...

Ryan and I have noticed in the past month that Lyla has turned over a new "leaf".  She is now happy almost all the time and if she's upset there's a reason.  So different than her first several months of life!  Her blue eyes and eyelashes are just amazing!!!  God is such an amazing creator.


Since, I'm an only child I was really nervous about having 2 kids.  I always wanted a big family, but I pray for children that care for their siblings and want the best for them.  Obviously there will be fights and tears, but overall I want to see love!  It's amazing how Cade and Lyla already have such a bond.  Since Lyla was born Cade has wanted to include her in everything.  When he learns how to do something he also wants Lyla to learn.  His latest accomplishment is teaching Lyla the sign for "more".  She can do it now and it makes Cade giggle every time.
Brotherly hugs and kisses.

And we're done...

My boys!

Lyla can now stand on her own and stand up without pulling up on anything. I know it took Cade along time to learn that.  He was walking on his own before he could actually get up in the middle of the floor.  She is so strong.  I've seen her stand up then squat then get back up.  She will do that over and over again.  She is just now starting to think about taking a few steps. 

Cade's buddy, Bishop came over the other day and they were pretending to sleep.  I love these two so much and can't wait to see them grow up together!  Bishop already antagonizes Cade like they were brothers.
.


A few weeks ago I had to say good-bye to one of the closest friends I've ever had.  Our pastor moved to a church in Waxahachie which unfortunately meant his wife went too.  I mean, good that she followed him there but sad for us.  Angela and I would see each other almost every day.  Our boys played at each other's houses and we went on countless walks around the block and to the park.  Every time we go on a walk now, Cade always asks to go to Angie's house.  He doesn't understand that they have a new house (that isn't in walking distance).  I'm excited to go see the Ritsema's in July and to see Angela's baby belly!  Cade will be so happy to see them too, especially Toby (the dog). 

No comments:

Post a Comment