Monday, August 20, 2012

Lyla's 1st Birthday Party!!

For Lyla's first birthday we had planned a swim party with ice cream!!  The weather man kept saying it was going to rain on the party day, but seriously I never thought twice about it actually raining!  It was AUGUST in Austin!  You're supposed to be able to have a swim party!  

BUT...It rained that morning and it was too much to risk getting rained on at the party.  So, we moved the party to our house.  If I had actually though ahead I would have come up with some activities for the kids to do, but again, I never thought it would rain!  That means there were lots of kids and adults just hanging out at our house.  I'm thankful for Cade's train table because that seemed to keep them entertained for a little while.  Not sure what the kids did the whole time though...ha!  Also, thankful for Ryan, Cole, and Judith who helped set up the party!  yea, I will repay the favor when y'all have kids!




I really enjoyed making all of the fun decorations for Lyla's party!! It's fun having a girl.  We had ice cream cupcakes and then ice cream sundaes with lots of toppings!




I made some "ice cream cone balloons" for decoration.  They didn't turn out as cute as I thought but the kids loved them!!  Cade's face is priceless here!


Ryan and Cole actually made the tutu skirt! 
Lyla enjoyed it!

Then liked their picnic on the kitchen floor!



Happy birthday song!!  not a fan of the hat!

At first Lyla didn't know what to think of her cake.   Cade showed her how to eat it without getting messy!

Our family..plus Harper :)  She fits right in!

she started to get the hang of the icing!

yup!!! That's my child!! 
 You have to watch the video of Lyla below...I can't believe how messy she got!

Presents!!

Birthday girl face!


She was overwhelmed and needed a hug from daddy!!  Such a girl!!  I love this picture!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment